11.29.2010

It takes a LOT to get me to feel the need to vent anymore.

But I really need to get just a little bit off my chest. 

I feel like for the first time in a very long time, I will not sleep tonight. Not because I am upset or sad, but because I am just stunned. I forgive you for your lies and your hate. For your mean names and your bitter remarks. And I forgive you for being afraid to forgive yourself. I truly hope that one day, you can learn to overcome yourself and your hate. You think the world is out to get you, but really, you just want something to blame...and for that, I am very sorry.

Took that picture of you
out of the frame
and laid it to rest.

Took that butane
out to the porch
and let it flow.

Took that lighter
out of my pocket
and lit up that rainy night.

I watched as it burned from the outside in
and the last thing it destroyed was your heart.

And in that moment, I knew there was truly hope.

---[ the end. ]---

I feel like this was far too personal...but sometimes that's what it takes to make oneself feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment